Friday, October 22, 2010

How to lighten my hair with lemon juice?

I have dark brown hair and I was wondering if using lemon juice in my hair would make it lighter. I don't want anything drastic, just a natural highlight.



Also would I need to use fresh lemons or bottled lemon juice? Should I mix it with anything?How to lighten my hair with lemon juice?
Yeah listen. If your hair is DARK brown, lemon juice can turn it an orange or reddish color. My my hair is medium brown, and I tried lemon juice yesterday- worked like a charm. I was outside for 2-3 hours in direct sunlight, and I got a few highlights out of it. A better solution for dark brunettes would be chamomile tea. I just bought some today, and as far as I read, all you do it brew a pot full, and after you wash and moisturize your hair, rinse it in the tea, go lay out in the sun, and WALLA! Beautiful, sun-kissed highlights for brunettes!





Hope I could help!





xoxoHow to lighten my hair with lemon juice?
Dont do it , it is not the proper way to do it , you can damage your hair. nit will probably turn it orange or red first.
';If you have blonde or light brown hair, lemon juice can be used to lighten it. Unfortunately, lemon juice can also dry out your hair, causing a dull look and brittle ends. To avoid damaging your hair, try diluting the lemon juice. Mix one tablespoon of lemon juice with a gallon of water. Rinse your hair with the solution. You can repeat the process daily. The mixture will gradually lighten your hair. When your hair reaches the desired color, you can use the lemon mixture less frequently.';
yea totally me and my sis and a friend put lemon juice with water and conditioner and our hair got lighter! use one of those big combs and comb it into ur hair. my hair got lighter and i went in the ocean and everything. but u can't just do it for like one day and thats it. if ur at the beach for a week do it everyday for betta results!



also, you don't need to use like lemons and squeeze it or anything, u can get bottled that's what we used and it worked great!



if u have really dark hair it might just look weird but it depends, like i'm talking about black black hair u know?



good luck! hope u have a great summa! :)
Sure you can use bottled lemon juice but then you would have to sit in the sun to lighten it,and yes it does work and its not harsh on your hair just after words just shampoo and style as usual. but treat like everyday for about a week.
fresh lemons squeeze it onto your hair and sit in the pure sun for half an hour worked for me
The most natural thing to do would be just to spend time outdoors in the sun.



You can use lemon juice though, it is less damage than color or sun in.



Mix some lemon juice with water in a spray bottle, and spray this on your hair, and then spend some time in the sun. Or if you want it quicker spray it with the solution and then blow dry the area on a hot/warm setting. You can re wet the hair with solution if you would like to go lighter.
doesnt work...its a question of perspective really
first of all you might want to plan a day at home outside in the sun. you can you use lemon juice and put it on your head at bring a book or mp3 player or something to keep you busy because it gets boring sitting in the sun.careful bees might come after your head so i found putting on a clear shower cap helps keep the bees aways and helps the heat too. o and don't forget to put on sunscreen. i do this all the time and it works.
This is not good for your hair. For dark hair a good way is to get it lightend with color. Not perioxide since this cause it to be brittle and break. Lemon juice does the same as some perioxides. So get a light color and go from there.

No comments:

Post a Comment