Thursday, October 28, 2010

Lemon juice to lighten hair color???

does it really work to lighten your hair? i have dirty blonde hair that i would like to lighten this summer and lemon juice is said to have worked but has anyone tried it??



also i want my whole head to be blonde not just highlights so can i just like put it on all over and still get a good result?



and lastly how do u use it??

ive read on one sight tht u should wet ur hair and then put it in on another i read tht u should put it in a spray bottle and mix it with conditioner and spray...what do i do??



preferably answers from ppl who have used it or no someone who has



thx soo much



o and ill pick the 10 points for best answerLemon juice to lighten hair color???
Lemon juice is inconsistant, so if you want an all over color, I wouldn't use that. It does work, however. I prefered Sun-in, and it can go all over if you invest in enough of it to cover your whole head. You also don't have to go in the sun, a hairdryer will do, or just use it several times.



Be very careful with peroxide, that can damage your hair. And I wouldn't even touch bleach if I were you.Lemon juice to lighten hair color???
doesnt the lemon juice need sunlight to actually lighten?
When I was younger, my mother used to use a lime to use as hairspray so my hair wouldnt get all messy. After years of doing that my hair did lighten. She would squirt it right out of the lime into her hand and just blab it on my hair-i usuallly wore it in a ponytail back then. Another tecnique I used when I was older was using chamomile tea and lime juice, half and half of each into a spray bottle and used that as spray. Just make sure to get pass the lime juice and the chamomile tea thru a colander.
I dont think it will work..Just go to a salon and get done. and please give me the 10 points because im the first one~!
I would say no becaus if you put the lemon juice on it would probably work for a short time but sooner or later it will ware off and/or when you go to the shower the lemon juice will come off. and one last reason is your gonna smell like lemons! :-)
MY EX TRIED IT. IT ONLY HELPS ON HOT SUNNY DAYS..BEER WILL DO IT THOUGH. SHE USED IT POUR IT ON HER HAIR EVERYDAY..
i've done that and it never worked, however I have really dark brown hair. I also tried Sun-in which is the same thing and it doesnt work. If you truly want to be blond all over and not just highlights, use hydrogen peroxide as that will bleach your hair blonde
I think bleach will work better.



I hereby take no responsibility for people's stupidity.



Thank yoiu
OK, my wife is a cosmetologist. And we have talked about this in the past. It will work to a certain extent. But the results are a complete guess. You would have to put quite a bit in your hair and then go out into direct sunlight for an extended period of time. Depending on the base color of your hair it could give you a really funky color instead of the blonde beauty your looking for. My recommendation is have it done professionally. It might be more expensive they can help you achieve what you're after.



There is a product called Sun In that I used back in highschool, it has a citrus base and it made me go more orange than blonde.It too required that you spend an amount of time in direct sunlight.



Best of luck!
Lemon juice won't lighten your hair, it will dry it out though. You need a combination of color and hydrogen peroxide to lift color out of hair. Lemon juice is acidic and doesn't have lifting power. You could get hilights at a salon? That would look nice, pick a warm honey tone.
Lemon Juice will lighten your hair if you put it on and then sit in the sunlight. I recommend a product that you can get at any drug store i am not sure of the name of it ';sun in'; i think, works MUCH better than Lemon Juice, although you still need to put it in and then spend some time in the sun.

But you will see much better results and quicker as well!!!



** Remember ';SUN IN'; **
yes lemon juice does lighten your hair, my sister did it
No, I don't think that lemon juice can lighten your hair color. Sunlight can. Olive Oil can make your hair really soft. I don't know if it can lighten your hair color though. It might be able to.
Lemon juice can lighten your hair but it takes months for it to lighten it as much as you want it to. It can also dry out your hair because of its citric substance. I used peroixde once and it did lighten my hair and quick especially if you blow dry your hair right after you put it on. But this also can dry out your hair, but it didnt dry out mine. My hair was noticeably lighter within a matter of days.

No comments:

Post a Comment