Thursday, October 28, 2010

Lemon juice lightening your hair?

ive heard thst lemon juice can make ur hair lighter and i want to try this. i have afew questions abuot it tho.

how well does it work? is it really noticeable? does it lighten evenly or is it lighter in some patches than others?



also. step by step process if how to do it.

and how damaging is it to your hair?



basically. what do i do, to lighten my hair with th lemon juice, make it look good and not damage my hair/? lol if possible.Lemon juice lightening your hair?
To everyone using that ';sun in'; stuff.

I don't know about it. I used it once, and it's not good. My natural golden blonde hair turned orange. I felt like a pumpkin.

Lemon juice CAN dry your hair.

But it still works.

For best results...



1) Put lemon juice in a spray bottle

1/2 lemon juice 1/2 water. (the water helps the hair so the acid in the lemon isn't so harsh on your hair)



2) Spray evenly on hair, so you don't get random lighter spots.



3) Sit/sun bathe in the sun for an hour or two.

You can also just spray it and leave it, but make sure you wash and condition it well at the end of the day.



4) When done, wash out your hair well. Condition it too, and let it sit in your hair for about 2-3 minutes. Rinse well.



5) DO NOT blow dry. If there is any acid from the lemon left, the constant heat of the blow dryer WILL dry it out.



It works, i love it.

The end :)Lemon juice lightening your hair?
i think its mainly for blonde hair but you put the lemon in your hair and go out in the sun. the sun is suppose to highlight the hair to give it a natural look. hope it works.
It dose work but you have to be out in the sun in order to do so. It won't work otherwise. So you put it in your hair and then sit in the sun and after a while you will have lighter hair, works best if your hair is already pretty light. My hair is blonde and I tried it once. Don't know about other colors
Please visit a professional salon for this process. That sounds creepy. Good luck
yh i heard it works but it really dries ur hair and its only temparary



xx
Yes it works, however if you're brunette you can get some orange tones. My hair is dirty blonde with some brunette. This is what I do to ensure that doesn't happen. White vinegar is something wonderful as well, as it not only lightens but brightens and makes it shiny.



I take a spray bottle and fill it half way with white vinegar and and one quarter way with water. Shake it up. Re-open and add some lemon juice. I just use the store kind, works fine, about one eighth of the bottle. Shake up. I spray dry hair until completely saturated. Then I put one of those cheap hair caps on my head and leave it there for about a half hour. When time is up, I goto the shower and rinse. I don't shampoo yet, I usually try to wait at least 12 hours. When I do shampoo I rub a tablespoon of olive oil in dry hair first and let it sit for about 10 minutes before getting in the shower and shampooing. I don't condition, the olive oil does a good job. The olive oil will leave your hair soft after having put so much acid in it with the lemon juice. I also spray my hair with a 50/50 mix of hydrogen peroxide and water to keep it light every morning when I get out of the shower before styling. Easy stuff that is natural and works really well for me.
Based on your avator I would say you have brown hair so I am going to answer you question assuming you do have brown hair.



Lemon juice will only lighten your hair a very small small degree and that is only if you already have blonde hair. If you have brown hair you won't even notice any difference.



Lemon juice is very acidic and very drying to the hair so you will end up with dry damaged hair. If you want lighter hair get some professional highlights....you will be much happier and your hair will be healthier!
don't try it, go to to a salon and get it done properly.

I used sun-in a few years ago and it REALLY damaged my hair.
omg i acttually heard of that and i really would like to know about that too sooo as soon as u get the info pleasse e- mail me i would really appreciate it ..............; ]]]]]









THANKS,

GIgGlEs
It all depends on the color of your hair. It works great on blondes. Also lighter red heads and light brunettes. It doesn't work too well on dark brown or black hair. The most it will do on dark brown hair will add a red shine to it. But if you're fair haired you could do it, there's also a product called Sun In, my cousin is a natural medium blonde and she used that on her hair and they became a light blonde. If you buy Sun In follow the directions on the package, I think you put it in dry hair and the you blow dry it. Directions for lemons : First you fill up a spray bottle with lemon juice, fresh squeezed works best. Then spray entirety of hair, be generous. After that you have to sit in the sun, make sure it's a day when the sun is really strong which the best time of day to do so is around 12 pm. The longer you sit, the lighter they will get. The more times you do this, the lighter they will be. As this is a great way to lighten hair, lemons can only do so much.

By the way, if you spray it on evenly, you won't get patches and it's natural so it won't damage your hair. I'm not sure how healthy the Sun In is for hair though...
Lemon juice works well for lightening or highlighting already various shades of natural blonde hair.



Just squeeze fresh lemon juice onto your hair and sit in the sun.



I've found, that blow drying it simply does not work. Only the sun does.

No comments:

Post a Comment