Friday, October 22, 2010

Lemon juice to lighten hair????

I was wondering how I go about lightening my hair with lemon juice (yes I know you use the lemon juice so if you want to leave a nasty answer leave it elsewhere) Anyway do I use just straight lemon juice, or do I add water? And if so how much? I assume it wont damage my hair because its just lemon? I dont want anything drastic just to soften it. Ive tried sun in and it made my hair ORANGE... it loked so unnatural it was awful. So any tips about this would be great. Thank you.Lemon juice to lighten hair????
It depends on the color of your hair ... if you want streaks ... mix equal parts juice and water and comb it through your hair before you lay out in the Sun. If you want an over lightening, use the same mixture and put it in a spritz bottle. By diluting same parts juice and water your hair should turn orange, unless it's already chemically processed, then I'd ask your stylist.Lemon juice to lighten hair????
all you have to use is straight lemon juice, but you have to use it with the sun. what i do is squeeze a lemon into a small bowl, and then just dip my fingers into it and run it through my hair and then go lay out in the sun. if you leave the little lemon pieces in the juice also it helps...hope it works!
According to the lifeguards, spray lemon juice (undiluted) over your hair, stay in the sun a while, and voila...your hair is lightened. Be sure to keep it well conditioned, since the sun is hard on your hair and tends to dry it out.
I have used pure lemon juice mixed with hair conditioner to lighten my hair. I put it all over my hair so my whole hair was moist. Yes, it works after staying out in the sun for couple hours, but it totally damages your hair. Soo i don't do it anymore.
Depends on how dark your natural blonde hair is, as to whether or not lemon juice will work. When I was a teenager and my hair was lighter blonde, it worked great. I never mixed it with water. Worked into my 20's. When I got into my 30's, and my natural color was turning more squirrel colored, nothing worked except professional hi-lighting...although, I only had to have it done once a quarter. HOWEVER, now that I'm in my 40's and my natural color is even more squirrel colored....professional hi-lighting every other month is the only thing that works.



If you're not naturally blonde, I wouldn't recommend lemon juice, my naturally brunette roommate tried it for hi-lighting - and it came out with red undertones.
Yes it does work, squeeze the lemon on your hair and hang out in the sun and it will give you little highlights..... also, if you use regular peroxide from your medicine cabinet and damp a cotton ball and cover a few strands of hair it will give you more yellow highlights as appose to the lemon that gives you reddish highlights.



Really the best thing is to get a frosting kit and mix about a 1/4 of the stuff (so you don't over do it) and twist little strands around the crown of your had and around the face and you should be okay.....LOL Smile......
Natural Recipes to Lighten or Color Your Hair

http://geebal.blogspot.com/2007/05/natur鈥?/a>



http://blog.360.yahoo.com/blog-gnA4Lmo_b鈥?/a>

No comments:

Post a Comment