Thursday, October 28, 2010

Can I lighten my hair with lemon juice?

Summers coming up and I really want my hair to be blonder. My natural hair color is sort of a dirty blonde/light brown. I got blonde highlights all over in May, but I want to be even blonder. If I comb lemon juice through my hair and stay out in the sun, will it get blonder? I heard it can turn orange! How long would I stay out in the sun, and how hot should it be outside? Should I spray it on dry hair or wet hair?Can I lighten my hair with lemon juice?
Just stay outside often.When your outside spray a layer of lemon juice on your hair and the sun will be attracted to it.Then you will easily get more highlights.But you must be patient.Can I lighten my hair with lemon juice?
I think the citrus would dry out your hair.
ive heard of it before but i think u have to dilute it first. i think going to a salon will be a more certain way! good luck
ewww dont do that. if you want your hair to be blonder stay out in the sun more and it lightns your hair alot
I wouldn't risk it. The citrus acid from the lemon juice would probably make it dry and brittle and why would you take the risk of turning gorgeous dirty blond hair, orange? Try Sun-In, they sell it at most drug stores it works like magic.
if you want your hair more brighter blonde use a silver shampoo. some good ones are shimmer lights or clynol silver shampoo. you can get them at most beauty stores. they are dark purple because they have a purple toner added. purple toners eliminate brassiness in hair so it will leave you with brighter blonder hair. this will only work on your highlights though as these shampoos have no effect on brown hair, except washing it of course.

be careful when using these shampoos though because if left on too long can make your hair go white, grey or lilac. always read the bottle for time instructions.
Yes it will lighten your hair but what it is doing is damaging your hair. I have naturally really light hair so I don't need to worry about lightening it but my friend has the same color hair. She used lemon juice and it totally worked. It was really subtle but it brought out natural highlights. I don't know if it will turn hair orange... Just put it in after you shower and go along the day normally. Don't overdue the sun.

No comments:

Post a Comment