Friday, October 22, 2010

Want to lighten my hair with lemon juice??

My hair is a natural light brown, almost dirty blonde color. It's not damaged in any way because I don't use any heat or chemicals on it. I want to lighten it with lemon juice, but it's my first time so I'm kind of clueless. Will it damage my hair? How long do I have to sit out for? How long does it take to look any different? Will it turn my hair orange? (I've heard that.) Do I have to mix it with anything? Thanks for the help!Want to lighten my hair with lemon juice??
My sister and I usually do this over the summer. She has pretty light brown hair, and she uses lemon juice, I have much darker hair than she does so I use vinegar (which makes redish highlights). We have never noticed any damage using either lemon juice or vinegar. Usually we sit outside for like and hour a day for a few weeks and we notice changes little by little each day. It's very gradual, and not a HUGE difference, but it's there. We have never noticed any orange in our hair, but it could be possible, much like chlorine turns blond hair green sometimes. We don't usually mix it with anything. She applies the lemon juice one of two ways, either we buy the lemon juice in a bottle and squeezes it in lines that she wants to highlight, or just all over if she wants to lighten the whole thing. She also buys lemons and slices them and squeezes the wedges on her hair. We don't notices a difference either way. To apply the vinegar to my hair i put vinegar on a paper towel and wipe it on my hair. Your head will be really sticky and it'll feel like your hair is getting hard, but that's normal. Just be aware of bugs around you, my sister got followed by bees and horseflies while we were at the beach so she just ran into the ocean so she wouldn't get stung or bitten. We often use a leave in conditioner so maybe that's why we don't notice too much damage. Also a hot oil treatment is great all the time, not just if you feel you might be getting damage. You can get one at a CVS or Rite Aid, or grocery store.

Good luck!Want to lighten my hair with lemon juice??
i have dirty blond too (not in avatar tho) i have no idea how to do that procedure but i think it would burn the hell outta ur eyes
Lemon juice is highly acidic and it will dry your hair out severely. You might even have some breakage and damage from it so I wouldn't suggest it. Why not just try a temporary rinse to change the color? At least a rinse contains moisturizors and will wash out if you decide later that you don't like your hair lighter.

No comments:

Post a Comment