Friday, November 19, 2010

How to lighten naturally black hair?

So my hair is naturally PITCH black, it's so dark that even when light shines on it or the sun there is not even one tint of brown like most people. But last summer my friend suggested me to add lemon juice into my shampoo and sit in the sun, so I did and my hair colour turned slightly lighter with a tint of hazy brown(and no my hair didn't fry or turn dry). Over the winter time my hair darkened up again so now it's once again black but not as dark as before (as in now it has a brown tint to it under the light). Is there anyway to lighten my hair without dying or bleaching it with peroxide or something? I don't want to use lemon juice again because I would have to stay out in the sun for an entire day for it to happen.How to lighten naturally black hair?
Cinnamon will lighten your hair. Mix some cinnamon with a hair conditioner and put that in your hair overnight (I like using shower caps for anything I keep in my hair overnight. DollarTree usually has them in packages of 8 for $1). It won't have drastic results, but I think you'll notice a difference within one to two nights doing that.



Note: Cinnamon will also bring out the brownish-red tones in your hair as it lightens.



Hope this helps! :)How to lighten naturally black hair?
for about 4 dollars 50 u can buy a small bottel of rinse hair dye , so use the rinse maybe a light brown then your hair will have a lot of a brown ting , then after about 15 washes it is all out but you wil have a little bit of a brown tinge that is permenate , this works trust me I had a pink rinse in my hair and I still have a pinkish tinge but it looks more natrual in my hair so I highly recomende u try this.
You could try coffee grounds, I heard that works. One video on YouTube by either Howcast or VideoJug gives advice on how to maturally lighten your hair. You could ablso try Sun In, I heard that works. I'm sorry, but if your hair is PITCH black, then there really might be no other way to ligthen your ahir other than coloring...Good luck!
there isn't any organic/natural product or ';home remedy'; to permanently change your hair color.



for a longer lasting color, try henna, or like instead of using lemon juice, use cranberry juice, it brings out the copper tones of the hair.
Since it's summer, try spending a lot of time at the pool. I know chlorine lightens hair. And in that time, you'll also be under the sun, which lightens your hair as well. Don't forget sunblock!
Don't use sun in or lemon juice on black hair, as you can get bad results color wise, and they both open the cuticle of the hairshaft which causes the damage. Also chlorine is really damaging to the hair as well.....if swimming you should always use a clarifying shampoo to get rid of the chlorine in your hair, that turns the hair slimy and mushy.

I've heard cinnamon can lighten hair, but haven't heard of anyone personally who has used it.

It's been years since I've used henna, so I'm not sure if that will lighten your dark hair either, but that's the best bet as it's natural.....but keep in mind that anything that lightens will also show a regrowth.

Using a rinse or a semi permanent color won't affect black hair as anything without a developer won't lighten it. (unless the cinnamon works)

So really, you are asking for something that just doesn't seem logical. Black hair is what it its....the darkest pigment possible for hair.

The only thing i can think of you doing is to have some slightly lighter highlights done, as it won't show a nasty regrowth so quickly. If it's done right it can grow out very gracefully...Even though you could go a light or med brown, I love red with black. Not bright red, but a burgundy or a dark copper. Like i said, it still using tint with a peroxide (all tint or bleach needs peroxide to lighten) but not near as a committment as a solid color....all solid colors will show a regrowth quickly.



My biggest suggestion is to have it done professionally....as all color should be done, but especially to get a nice highlighted affect. Doing that at home can be disasterous with dark hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment