Friday, November 19, 2010

What is the best homemade hair lightening solution?

I'm not interested in buying a highlighting kit, no matter how much better it is for my hair. I realize that all of the usual household remedies are somewhat harmful, and that's OK with me.



From looking around a bit, I've gathered a few of the most popular ideas:



-lemon juice

-hydrogen peroxide

-vinegar



If you have any experience using any of the above, please share what worked and what didn't. I'm looking for something that's fast and gives good results for a few streaks (not my whole head) of dirty blond hair.



Also, if you know a good procedure for using any of the the above, like how long to leave it in and if my hair should be wet or dry, that would be a great help as well.What is the best homemade hair lightening solution?
Check it out http://www.wisegeek.com/what-are-some-homemade-hair-dyes.htmWhat is the best homemade hair lightening solution?
umm lemon juice is the best if you go out in the sunnn
I wouldnt know but my sister is a brunette and she used peroxide and it turned her hair orange....
Don't use lemon juice or vinegar - they dry out and thin the hair. I am 80% sure that camomille tea will do the trick. The catch is that it takes about 3 full months of rinsing your hair with 1/2 a gallon of tea, 2 times per week. All you have to do is drop a teabag or two in hot water and rinse your hair with it after you've done your normal hair-washing routine. You'll notice it will begin to get lighter and lighter each week.
1. Squeeze or either buy lemon juice and put it in your hair

2. Put on LOTS of sunscreen and go out in the sun

3. Let the lemon juice soak into your hair for at least an hour

4. Enjoy your lighter hair!



=)
Lemon juice makes the scalp itch like you wouldn't believe while you are sitting in the sun, but it works, - I used it. You can leave it in as long as you can bear the itchiness! It is good for detangling as well. Peroxide is a chemical I wouldn't want to use again, and I tried it for 3 years, since I suspect it is dangerous, - I like natural remedies. Vinegar doesn't affect hair colour, but it does condition your hair. You can use the herbal teas like chamomile or lemongrass, but they aren't as strong as lemon juice. Herbal teas tend to be good for conditioning though. In the Middle Ages, girls used horse urine to bleach their hair lighter, but I couldn't bring myself to test that!
You can use lemon juice and chamomile rinses and let your hair dry in the sun but over time it is very drying and can make your hair brittle with overuse so a good conditioner in between is vital.
Natural Recipes to Lighten or Color Your Hair

http://geebal.blogspot.com/2007/05/natur鈥?/a>

No comments:

Post a Comment