Sunday, November 21, 2010

Recipes for natural hair lightening: will they work?

I found these recipes for hair lightening,but before I waste all the honey and cammomile tea in the house,i'd need to know if it would really work.



I have a chunk of very dark,dirty blonde hair.



1st recipe:

Method for lightening hair color with Honey:

Mix 3/4 cup honey with 1/12 cups regular hair conditioner



Apply to damped hair. Wrap hair in saran wrap or a plastic shower cap.



Let sit for up to 8 hours, then rinse







2nd recipe:

Steep 1/2 cup of the chamomile flowers in a 6 cups of boiling water for 30 minutes



Strain the tea, and allow to cool



Shampoo and condition hair as normal.



Tip head over bathtub or sink. Use a bowl underneath to catch the liquid. Pour the tea through towel-dried hair a few times.



Leave on hair for 30 minutes, then rinse with clean water.







I HAVE TRIED LEMON JUICE,PLEASE DON'T SUGGEST THAT.

I also don't care how many 'bucks hair lightener is from WalMart' (for a start,I have never seen a walmart and i'm broke),on that note,I will not go to a pro.







Thanks. (:Recipes for natural hair lightening: will they work?
Not sure about the first one, but I don't see how it would, and do you really want to put honey in your hair?? The second one works a little bit - but pretty much as much as the lemon one - only less sticky and disgusting. I struggled a lot with homemade recipes to lighten my hair when I was in my teens, and came to the conclusion that only chemicals can really help. Though, if you do decide to go for red instead of blond - use henna. My mom uses it and it comes out looking pretty much the same as my $100 colour from one of the better salons in town.Recipes for natural hair lightening: will they work?
Whats wrong with chemicals? Its a hell of a lot better working that using whatever is lying around the house.

No comments:

Post a Comment