Sunday, November 14, 2010

How can you lighten your hair without bleach?

I really hate bleach because I hate the smell a lot. I want to lighten my hair, which is black, to achieve brighter color with henna but I don't know how to do it with bleach. I've heard of using lemon juice and chamomile but I'm not sure how much it would lighten it.How can you lighten your hair without bleach?
Natural black hair color has the most pigment and will require bleach to achieve the color you want. It is also advisable to go get this done professionally as many problems can occur, such as breakage. There are some bleaches products which do not have as strong an odor as it once had.How can you lighten your hair without bleach?
lemon juice
I've heard if you sit out in the sun with lemon juice in your hair it gets it blonde
you could get some 3% peroxide, put it in a spray bottle with some water, and spray the parts of your hair you want lightened. You'd have to leave it in for an hour, wash it out with COLD water and some really deep conditioner, and repeat the next day if it isn't as light as you want. Sometimes it could take a few days though... Just be careful because if you don't use a good conditioner, you hair gets all straw- like
Lemon juice can seriously damage your hair, the only way is dye really if you have jet black hair.

In my opinion black hair is beautiful so if your lightening remedies don't work then it's not the end of the world :)

No comments:

Post a Comment