Sunday, November 14, 2010

Lemon juice for hair?

People have told me to use lemon juice on hair to lighten it how do u use it in the bath do u put it on leave it there or mix it with water please let me knowLemon juice for hair?
Just put it in dry hair and then sit with it like that in the sun for a few hours (or under a really bright light)Lemon juice for hair?
i think you just put it in your hair then get in the sun to help lightened it
u spray it all over in ur hair with a spray bottle and then u have to sit in the sun for several hours each day for a whole week until u can notice a difference.
it is not good for your hair.if u want lighter hair,just die it...
Old school folk knowledge is that if you spray some lemon juice while you are outside (i.e. you have to leave the juice in your hair while exposed to the sun) your hair will lighten. HOWEVER...word of caution. Unless your hair is already a shade of blond (naturally) then you will not get the results you want. Shades of brown and auburn actual ';lighten'; to a brassier color to even pretty bright orange. I saw lots of this in my youth with a product you could get in the 80's and 90's called ';Sun In';. So...depending on your hair color, it may or may not work. But I don't think the strong citric acid in the lemon juice is very good for your hair in large doses...and could be irritating to your scalp. I'd try a wash in/wash out color treatment to get gradual color changes to your hair.
It is more effective to use it in the sun, perhaps next time you are on the beach squeeze half a lemon over your hair and comb it through with a wide tooth comb for natural, sun kissed high lights.
You can use lemon juice in your hair just before you go out on a sunny day. Do not wear a hat of course. Also, I have naturally long blond hair and in the summertime if I spent a day at the pool it would get lighter without me even using lemon juice. That was until I realized that there was lemon extract in my shampoo. I use aveda scalp benefits shampoo. So using a shampoo with some kind of lemon already in it saves you the trouble of putting lemon in your hair and then having to wash it out later!
it only lightens blonde hair
lemon juice is gud for dandruff removal

No comments:

Post a Comment