Friday, November 12, 2010

How do I lighten my hair with lemon juice?

I have light brown hair that is shoulder length. I heard that you can comb lemon juice in wet hair, lay out in the sun, and then you will have highlights. Any advice on how to do this? I don't want to have bleach-blond highlights or anything.How do I lighten my hair with lemon juice?
Using lemon juice makes very gradual changes, you have to do it a few times. Even easier than laying in the sun for your hair, after you wash it, put lemon juice on the parts you want lighter, and blow dry your hair. Or you can do the same with Sun-In.How do I lighten my hair with lemon juice?
I was told you put it in your hair and sit in the sun.. but I don't actually know, I've never tried it before.
more lemon that water comb through hair lay out in direct sun several times once wont really get the job done!
Do not do that!,

Lemon contains ';Acid'; , that will damage the hair texture...even more than commercial Hair-Colors...
just squeeze
put the lemon juice in a spray bottle and spray it on your hair, you have to be out in the sunlight for it to work though.
it can not hurt
U can buy specific hair colors from a salan that an expert will check ur hair and everything and tell u its exact a m p h color.
Wet your hair, squeeze fresh lemon over it and lie in the sun for a nice highlighted effect. Also use camomile tea in your hair.
You pretty much have the procedure down pat. The lemon juice will not lighten your hair a lot, so do not worry about usign too much - it is very mild. It doesn't even work for some people, though it does for my wife who already has some blonde in her hair.



Good luck!
i don't know about lemon just look out for your eyes ,but some say chamomile tee can help a bit
Pour lemon juice all over your hair and rub it in good and then go sit outside in the sun for a bit. That should do it.
Lemon juice by itself will not lighten the hair. Lemon juice AND the ultraviolet rays of the sun will lighten your hair. (Similar to a product called ';Sun-In'; ) The drawback here is dryness and if your is dark to begin with, it will turn orangutan orange! This job is better done by a professional. If you are already a dark blonde or very light brown you can probably use the lemon juice and sun method. Be sure to buy a really good ';conditioning pac'; for after. Also the lemon, sun method needs about 5 hours in the sun. (Not good for the skin so wear sun block!)
you put lemon in your hair and then you have to stand/sit inn the sun for a long time then wash it out and and it will become lighter!!
My mom used to do that in the 70s, she told me it fried her ends and made her hair really dry, I say you'd be better off going to a salon to lighten your hair.
If it were me I'd squeeze the juice on the brush and then brush it into my hair...and then go sit in the sun



That sun-in stuff works good too and it doesn't damage your hair any worse than lemon juice, I think it even has lemon juice in the ingredients...
Instead of using a lemon, I would use this stuff called ';Sun-In.'; It's jsut like using lemon juice, but you won't have to buy like 50 lemons. It's like $3.00 at Wal-Mart. And you can use this stuff with a blow-dryer, too.
It dosent work that well, keep that in mind.

A good idea is to get a spray bottle and put the lemon juice in it.

Spray the lemon juice on your hair and just go about your regular day outside in the sun. Do this every day for a few weeks. You'll notice it to gradullly get lighter. Stop when it gets light as you want.

If you put a whole bunch on at once, it may dry out your hair and damage it.
best way

put in a spritzer bottle with some water or by itself and just comb it through

and it helps if you are gonna be out and about outside for the sun to help it.

also there is this stuff called Sun In that is good stuff
Hi, I used to do this when I was a teenager, and what my friend's Mom would have us do is squeeze lemons into a spray bottle, and depending how light, you can dilute the juice with H2o. It works really well, and I am not sure if 'roots' showed up later on. You can also just squeeze the lemon into your hair, but then you may get random chunks....the sun is weird, and sometimes works with you, and sometimes not. The best way is to use the spray bottle, and spray in sections where you want lighter hair, and comb through! Good luck, and use your sunblock!!!!
Don't wet your hair just squeeze the juice in your hair and comb through it to spread the juice then go out and lay in the sun for a few hours everyday for a few weeks, swimming will inhance the sun's effects.
dude don't listen to them I do this all the time and my hair has never been damaged from it!



I squeeze a bunch of lemons into a cheap spraybottle with a little bit of water, (make sure you filter it so the seeds dont clog it up) and then spray on the top layer of my hair. Go outside with your favorite magazine or a good book and just relax for a while. I have blonde hair, and I stay out for about an hour...I dont know how long you should stay out with brown hair. But if you dont know, then go out in short periods until you see a change and go from there. Be patient, because its going to take more than one ';session'; to see results
That will work. But you better use caution. depending on your natural color, and your natural highlight.you may end up with lots of ORANGE or BRIGHT YELLOW blotching all over your head.

Actually, I wouldn't recommend this. Also, if you already have some color on your hair, you may end up with a dry mess.
GET THE LEMON JUICE IN THE BOTTLE AND MIX IN A SRAY BOTTLE WITH HALF WATER AND THE OTHER HALF LEMON.SRAY ON HAIR. REAL LEOMN AREN'T AS GOOD AS THE STUFF THAT IS THE LITTLE LEMON BOTTLE AT STORE. BESIDES REAL LEMONS HAVE PLUP MAKE HAIR STICKY.
u take the lemon juice and put it on ur hair before u get into the sun, but this isnt a good idea, your hair goes to a very orange tone, u dont want to use lime, go to a salon!
i tried it and it just made my hair sticky and i couldn't hardly comb through it!
put the lemon juice in

go outside in the sun for an hour or so
we always combed lemon juice thru our hair and sat in the sun till it dried- its a slow process nothin dramatic just some nice highlights
I don't think that works. I've never used this, but my Mom does, she has light brown hair. It's called Touch of Sun. It smells like lemon juice, but there's something else in it. You spray it in your hair and go out in the sun, or use your blow dryer. It does the same thing the sun does over time, in just one sitting. The more you do it, the lighter it gets.
I actually tried the same thing. I put it all over my head, and I layed in the sun for about 3 hours. It didn't do anything. I know people that have used lemon juice, and it worked for them, but they are real beach bums and spend hours a day in the sun. From my experience, it didn't work.
squeeze soime lemons in a spray bottle and spray it on your hair. doesn't get any simpler than that.

No comments:

Post a Comment