Friday, November 19, 2010

How should I lighten my hair?

Hello! I'm in a bit of a pickle. I went to a salon and asked for blonde hair, complete with a photo example.



The woman was reluctant; it's uncommon where I live for women to dye their whole head of hair. She bleached it to this strange yellow/orange shade that wasn't nearly as light as I'd have expected and then applied what was supposed to be medium ash blonde dye. Yesterday it was a sort of golden yellow, but this morning I showered, conditioned my hair, and when it dried, it was ORANGE!



My dad insists it's actually more of a dark caramel blonde, and he's probably right, but with my skin tone it looks orange to me.



I'd like to lighten it, a lighter golden yellow or ash blonde is fine (I already have a box of Garnier Ash Blonde dye), but I'm not sure how to go about it. Should I try lemon juice, the ash blonde dye, or should I just bleach it? My natural hair color is a dark brown with red tones, and it's clear she didn't bleach it enough to lift the red out, so I'm concerned that lemon juice would just turn it more orange.



I'm not too worried about damage- my hair has superpowers, for one thing. I once bleached it three times in a row and it was still soft as silk the next day. And, perhaps more importantly, I'm totally fine with getting a buzzcut if all else fails.



So. Anyone else have anything similar happen? How'd you resolve it?



Thanks!How should I lighten my hair?
see a professional

No comments:

Post a Comment