Sunday, November 21, 2010

How to get hair lighter for black haired people (the natural way)....?

Not really a question. Just a little informative if you didn't know. I recently was VERY successful in turning my hair a dark brown shade (without dye) just using natural home products! I just wanted to tell other people how I (an african-american btw with black hair) achieved it. All the sites say it can't be done. Well I had patience and perserverance and I got it done.



Ingrediants

1. Unstablized Hydrogen Peroxide (the stuff your mom used for your ears when you were a baby)

2. Bottled lemon juice

3. Hair freezing gel

4. Hair dye brush (whatever it's called. the **** you pass bleach with)



Well ok. I got a bowl first. I took 2 handfuls of the freezing gel first. Then I dropped in the hydrogen peroxide. As much as you think you need. Sorry. I didn't write this down. lol. Then I dropped in lemon juice. Also again, as much as you think you need. But be weary of how much you put. Don't go crazy. This **** has to combine with the gel to remain in a gel-like state. You see what I'm saying? So I mixed all the ingrediants together. It was really watery at first so I got pretty worried that it wouldn't work. I just applied more gel and a while later- they combined with the gel and it remained 'jelly'. lol.



So I took the hair dye brush and applied it all over my hair. As soon as I finished, I wrap up the ingrediants and bowl in aluminum or food wrap (don't throw away) and put it in the refrigerator. You can either blow dry your hair or air-dry it. It doesn't matter. As long as it becomes initially dry. Then you leave it in for 2 hours or more. You don't have to put anything on it if you don't want to.



Wash it out with conditioner after the 2 hours (or more) are up. You may or may not see results as soon as you finished but you will by the end of the week. You have to repeat this process for the entire week. I reccomend following a Monday-Friday schedule. You start to see results Wednesday. Believe me or not, I saw results the first day! I have a really good mirror lol. But now I happy to report that my hair is exactly the shade I wanted it. It's great. But It's not something I plan to do all the time. I usually just take the easier route and buy La Bella Hair Lightening Gel. Which does all this work for you. Anyway, I just wanted to share that with you.How to get hair lighter for black haired people (the natural way)....?
That's acutally pretty cool! When I was reading your thing I was like ';UNstabilized Hydrogen Peroxide?'; I was thinking is that safe? But Stabilize sounds better. Way to go! I might keep that in mind for me, since I'm black, but I already have dark brown hair anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment