Sunday, November 21, 2010

Lightening my hairrrrrr?

So I heard that washing your hair with vinegar mixed in your shampoo works to lighten your hair naturally. I knew that lemon juice in the sun works, but here's my bigger question.



I have brown hair with tons of red in it naturally, and I just got my hair done recently. They dyed it to take out the orange-y/red tint, but it's not at all how I wanted it. I said light brown and they gave me dark brown. I used to have my hair like Jessica Alba in Into the Blue, so I know my hair can be done light w/out red in it. But my question is, if I lighten my hair on my own with lemon juice/vinegar whatever, will it just lighten the way I want it or will the red come back?



Also, does anyone know any other ways to naturally lighten my hair besides what I already mentioned? Thanks.Lightening my hairrrrrr?
2 parts lemon, 1 part vodka, according to my sister's hairdresser, she has dark brown hair too..Lightening my hairrrrrr?
I had the same problem because I have some natural red in my hair too. All I can suggest is to go get it colored (wouldn't really recommend doing it at home). If your hair has a lot of red undertones, just lightening it won't help and may make it stick out more (thus making it look brassy). What I did was just pay $60 at a salon to get wide highlights on the top of my head that complimented my skin tone, and it got rid of the red.
Natural Recipes to Lighten or Color Your Hair

http://geebal.blogspot.com/2007/05/natur鈥?/a>

No comments:

Post a Comment