Sunday, November 14, 2010

Highlights with lemon juice?

ok, tomorrow im going to lighten my hair with lemon juice and i was wondering if these any down sides to using lemon juice? also how long does it last?



here what im going to do- im going to get lemon juice add a little water and a tiny bit of olive oil (for health of my hair) would this work? if not what would?



thanks!!!!Highlights with lemon juice?
Omgosh! Funny you should mention it!



I was born strawberry - golden blond, over time my hair darkened to chestnut brown. 3 weeks ago I highlighted my hair with Garnier Nutrise gold ash blond. The highlights were not as clear as my natural highlights so I decided to enhance them with 'lemon juice'. I have used lemon before and it works fantastic!



I didn't have yellow lemons but I had key limes, they're like mini lemon-limes. The 'lime' aspect ensures they are not as strong or drying as a straight lemon - which is good!



Initially, I squeezed 2 - 3 key limes into a cup and added a little water approx. 3/4 of a cup (mainly key lime juice) and brushed it through my hair -- it immediately turned bright orange! where I had previously chemically hi-lighted! I cringed!



NOT TO WORRY! The same principle which turns the hair orange if continued WILL turn it blond if continued! So I continued combing a little *undiluted* key lime through my hair daily to every other day for a week -- starting underneath my hair (flipping it over and combing the length of my hair) and combing around the frame of my face - leaving it in until my next regular shower-rinse.



Today - approx. 1 week later my hair is EXQUISITE!!!! There are numerous shades of NATURAL! blond hi-lights of gold, red gold, bronze gold, ash gold, all mixed throughout in varying degrees of shine on a light chestnut infused base! IT'S BEAUTIFUL!!! and looks exactly like the hair I was originally born with! (Frankly, it may look even better!) Also, it's completely conditioned.



So don't fret if it initially turns red or orange, that's the first color phase -- keep combing undiluted juice on specific areas and it will continue to lighten (gold) per your preference!

No comments:

Post a Comment