Friday, November 12, 2010

Lightening my hair with lemon juice?

Ok, so I'm thinking about possibly trying this but first off I have a few questions:



- will it change evenly if I soak all my hair in it?

- how long do I need to stay in the sun for?

- will it be a very noticeable change or will it look sort of natural?



If you can answer one or two or whatever of these that'd be great!



http://s305.photobucket.com/albums/nn212鈥?/a>

http://s305.photobucket.com/albums/nn212鈥?/a>

^^ my hair color



thankkks! oh %26amp; any other tips or suggestions would be gnarly too. :]Lightening my hair with lemon juice?
awww

everyone wants to lighten it using lemon juice

but do you know how much it dries y our had out?

your hair becomes brittle and almost dead like if you stay in the sun to much



but if you do chose to do it

you have to stay in the sun for like

about

an afternoon

maybe 4-5 hours!



there is a risk though

your hair might turn an orangy color instead of a light brown

it all depends!



you can also use Sun In

but it also has the risk of turning it into an orange color

but sunin you can buy at the store and you just spray it into your hair and go in the sun



good luck!Lightening my hair with lemon juice?
i thinnk u shouldnt do it

it'll make ur hair really dry

and i think ur hair is already light

soo u shouldnt do it period
It will probably not change it at all, but if it does may make it orange/brassy. I've done it before and we have the same hair color. Go get some of those brush on highlights from l'Oreal and try that.
I did it a couple of years ago, and the whole lemon juice thing is kind of a myth. I did it 5 days in a row and was in the sun for about 4 or 5 hours and it didnt do anything. Although i have lighter hair then you. So idk give it a try, it cant hurt.
I tried that once and it really did not do anything. I noticed nothing, however my hair is a dark brown color. So it will depend on your hair really. You look like you have about the same color as mine, maybe a bit lighter.

If you think it might work, go for it, I don't think it would really hurt to try.

Try staying outside for...an hour maybe.

If it changes your hair it would be very natural looking, and not much of a change.

If you can afford it, try getting it done professionally.
You won't notice anything drastic when you first do it. I found sun-in to be the most effective, I'd spray my hair with it before going and laying out. You cant blow dry it too, but I found the actual sun worked the best. I didn't think lemon juice showed results like the sun-in did.
i like your hair how it is. keep it the way it is it's awesome. :]
The last time i went to the hairdressers she told me to put lemon juice on my hair to bring out the blonde in it and to make it lighter if i wanted, but she didn't tell me how to. If you soak all your hair i don't see why it shouldn't change evenly. You'r hair should go lighter in the sun anyway and just stay in the sun for quite a while but wear sun cream!. And i doubt it would be a much noticed change.
Lemon juice will not be strong enough to lift your colour up by any shade whatsoever even if you sat in the sun all day covered in the stuff.



Try a few blonde/caramel hi lights around your face only to start with, a very gentle and natural way to get a very pretty look.
you can lighten your hair with it it does work. Just get the product at a drug store its called Sun In theres more than just that but that one works like the best. its just like regular lemon juice but more effective.



Or you could just make it here's how to

First put 1/4 cup lemon juice %26amp; 1/2 cup water %26amp; 1/3 cup vinegar then mix all together put in a hair spray thing bottle or you could just rub it into your hair then make sure all your hair is wet in the mixture then put your hair in a towel for 15 mins then shower like normal, wash hair then your done.



Just buying the product is a lot easier though %26amp; more affective.



Hope this helps you out a bit.

or just soak your hair in pure lemon juice and white vinager then go outside and sit in the sun for 3 to 4 hours u might not see imediate results but if its soaked and all your hair is exposed (clip sections up) it will be even and look natural since you have darker hair as i said before u may not se imediate results so u may have to wash out dry then repeat. also blowdry it afer you have sat in the sun but DONT FORGET SUNSCREEN! hope this helps

:)
Your hair is too dark to do this, so it would turn orange. This trick only works for dark-light blondes. Remember that lemon juice in the sun can be damaging just like bleach.

No comments:

Post a Comment