Friday, November 12, 2010

Does putting lemon juice on your hair and sitting in the sun make it lighter?

This summer I am spending a month with my cousin on Cape Cod. I used to have blond hair but it has darkened in the recent years. It used to lighten up a bit in the summers but in the last two summers is hasn't. I've heard the putting lemon juice in your hair and sitting in the sun can naturally lighten it. I have also heard that it can damage and dry your hair however. I have never dyed my hair, I don't blow-dry it, and I occasionaly strighten it. (Although it is fairly stright to begin with). So I don't have damaged hair to begin with. This summer should I try the lemon juice? If so, how should I do it?Does putting lemon juice on your hair and sitting in the sun make it lighter?
I rinsed my hair with lemon juice it dried it out %26amp; i had to use conditioner everyday, i never before i rinsed it with lemon juice.!!!!

i had used lemon juice in the past %26amp; it was fine, maybe i overdone it the last time.!!!

i wouldnt recomend sitting in the sun with it on, try Sun In.!!!!

Good Luck.!!!!Does putting lemon juice on your hair and sitting in the sun make it lighter?
It's going to be damaging for your hair and it will make it turn more yellow-ish, soI wouldn't put it on hair straight away. You can rinse with it or use it with your shampoo, but not straight on your hair.
yes
Lemon juice is filled with citric acid.

Does that answer your question?



All you're doing is bleaching your hair...
I think it will work--I did it years ago, but I think it may dry hair. Use conditioner.
yes it works but after that, you shoudl always wash your hair with conditioner so it won't be damanged or dry.
Yes, lemon juice does lighten it. The decision is up to you, damage is a big possibility and i think that if you are going to o it make sure to use a moisturizing shampoo.
OH GOD!! please no!



if you put lemon juice on your hair..it takes the pigmant out..leaving it a harsh orange color...not the beautiful blonde that you probablly desire.



since you have ';virigin'; hair..probally try some ';SUN-IN'; you can get it at your local drug store.

and its only about$10.00



but be careful...you may want to just put some highlites in.
It does lighten it a little but they sell this stuff called sun in at the stores and it works a lot better but if you want to go with the lemon juice put it in a spray bottle and spritz on your hair.
yes
it will bleach it
My brother tried that [yes brother] and sometimes it will work, while others it will not. It happened to turn his hair ORANGE. I've seen a couple of people who it has worked on...but not many. Most of the results are nonreversable...and I would suggest your hair to get dyed. It won't damage your hair. I;ve had my hair dyed before and people can't stop ragin about how healthy it is. Hope this helps!









SUN IN WILL DO THE EXACT SAME THING. GO GET IT DYED!
PLEASE do not use lemon juice.



Does lemon juice say on the bottle ';Use to lighten your hair color';?

If you MUST lighten your hair, use the unnatural product (hair dye) or go to a professional (salon).

If you want to lighten your hair NATURALLY, get a hair product that says on the box 100% NATURAL/ORGANIC (I don't even know if they have this), and use that per the instructions on the box.



I suggest going to a salon a week before you go to Cape Cod, and asking the stylist if he/she has a NATURAL product that will lighten your hair. If the stylist says no, then have him/her use whatever product he/she recommends.



Have a good summer, and make sure you use sunblock! :)
ummm, not really! lemon juice can turn your hair orange!! (thats what happend to my friend last summer!) It can also dry your hair out. I think if you just spend time outside, your hair will get naturally blonder.
both sun in and lemon juice are horrible for your hair. they both continue to slowly diffuse your hair even after you rinse and shampoo. sun-in does not come out of the hair until you cut it out. this makes future chemical services inadvisable. these products hardly ever give you the beautiful blond you're looking for. try a cosmetology school. they are inexpensive, and there are instructors always nearby, so you get twice the attention.

No comments:

Post a Comment