Sunday, November 14, 2010

I have blond/brown hair with subtle blond highlights. How will adding lemon juice affect it?

My hair is a dirty blond/brown color. (color is equal to ';dirtry blonde'; google seach, second picture from left) I have subtle blond highlights. If I do the whole lemon juice thing (any good techniques for this?) how will that affect my highlights and my color of hair. Will it lighten the overall color? I just hope it won't mess up with the highlights.... Thanks in advance for your help!I have blond/brown hair with subtle blond highlights. How will adding lemon juice affect it?
Take real lemons juice no pulp 2 oz. or so and plain yogurt, just enough yogurt mixed into lemon juice to keep it moist. Any highlighter needs to be kept moist at all times for the lifting effect.

Paint it on and go out in the sun. keep checking hair for moistness. You don't apply all over, just grab thin streaks all over the front and sides. If it drys moisten with spray bottle. It takes quite a while in the sun or under a dryer with a plastic bag as not to dry the hair.I have blond/brown hair with subtle blond highlights. How will adding lemon juice affect it?
Yes it will lighten the overall color and might mess up the highlights. It's also very drying to your hair and I wouldn't recommend it. (I did it before and it looked tacky.)
it makes your hair lighter but very also makes hair very dry

i suggest not doing it esp on already color treated hair
it will turn your lightlights orange and will make your hair brittle and dry. DONT.
i heard tht if u hav highlights tht they turn orange, but yes it will make the rest of ur hair lighter but very dry, so after u do this make sure to condition ur hair well.
The best way is to get real lemon juice from the store and put it in a squirt bottle and then spray throughout your hair. It is not going to mess up your color. It has a very subtle effect. But yes it will lighten your overall color. It is not going to mess your highlights up, it is not a dramatic difference.
It will turn it orange. I've never seen lemon juice do anything good, except once when the girl had very light cool blonde hair naturally. You may wind up having to go to a salon to get corrective coloring done, which is expensive. It doesn't lighten well, it adds warmth, usually.

No comments:

Post a Comment