Friday, November 12, 2010

Lightening my red hair with sun and lemon juice?

It is spring time, but it feels like summer and the sun is bright! Time to start tanning! I have strawberry blonde hair (it is a little redder right now), and I read a article about putting lemon juice in your hair and brightening it. Also my friend said to put mint in with the juice so it will smell nice and help it brighten better. Will this work? How do I do it? Won't my hair be sticky during this? How much do I put in?Lightening my red hair with sun and lemon juice?
Oh my gosh, I've done the lemon juice before and it definitely works!!:) My hair is brown, but by the end of summer it's like carmel colored! Do it at a time where you wont be seeing people(besides your family) for a bit and where you can shower/rinse off.

Cut up a few lemon wedges and squeeze the juice into sections of your hair. Then, rub the actual lemon onto stands of your hair, making a streak effect. Once you have done this, lay out in the sun for about a half an hour. Then rinse your hair thoroughly and let it dry.

P.S. It will get sticky with chunks of lemon in it. You just have to rinse it when you're done.Lightening my red hair with sun and lemon juice?
This doesn't usually work just like bleach. It can lighten your hair if you mix it with water in a spray bottle, but it may also just bring out lighter shades of orange because your hair is already red.
after the shower before you dry your hair put some lemon juice on your hair and make sure its evenly spread, dry your hair with the hairdryer, this should help it slightly lighten then the sun should do the rest.
I know that it works. I think it might get sticky. Since it's a natural remedy, you can't put to much, so apply liberally. I'm pretty sure you put your hair down and lie down on something like a lawn chair(something that reclines). Then just squeeze the lemon liberally on your hair. Then rub it in starting from root to tip. Then just lay out in the sun. Hope this helps! P.S. I don't think mint will overpower the scent of lemon!

No comments:

Post a Comment